When deciding on the name of your company, please let us have two or three alternatives, in order to give flexibility to the Registrar of Companies to choose and approve the names to be used. Any name which is not similar to a name already registered can be approved by the Registrar but words such as King, Queen, Corporation etc cannot be accepted. We propose company names to the Registrar of Companies for approval. This usually takes 3-5 days. Once approval for the company name is obtained, the Memorandum and Articles of association of the company are prepared and submitted for registration to the Registrar of Companies.
Requirements for setting up a company in Cyprus
The detailed requirements and pertinent information for setting up a Company in Cyprus are:
Name of Company
Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Full Name
- Passport Number
- Occupation and
- Number of shares to be held
- Bank Reference or Utility Bill
- Full Name
- Residential Address
- Passport copies (data page only)
Period needed to register a company
Bankers, currency and signatories
- Corporate tax rate is 10%, the lowest in Europe.
- No withholding tax is imposed on the payment of dividends, interest or royalties, made from Cyprus Company to any company or individual in any country in the world.
- Tax losses can be carried forward indefinitely to be set-off against future profits.
Company certificates and documents
- Certificate of registration
- Memorandum and Articles of association
- List of Directors, Secretary and shareholders
- Address of the company’s registered office
- Share Certificate(s)
- Power of Attorney (annually)
- Any other information concerning the company’s activities up to the date of its establishment.